Saturday, April 23, 2011

Such a rebel!

This is the third day in a row that I haven't followed my planned menu.  I know, I'm as shocked as you are!  Today we are hosting a poker party for a good friend and so my parents took the three older kids for a sleepover.  I decided to take advantage of that and have some India Palace for dinner.  It was so delicious (and filling!).  A few days ago I was googling some fun dessert ideas and came across this AWESOME recipe for Strawberry Margarita Pie!  I think I was out the door to buy tequila in about.... 3 minutes.  It was very easy to make but it did have to freeze for 8+ hours so you have to plan ahead.  You should all try it, really, it is THAT good.



Strawberry Margarita Pie

 crust
2 1/2 cups salted pretzel sticks
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
filling
 20 oz strawberries, rinsed and hulled
2 tbsp sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
9 oz mascarpone cheese
6 tbsp tequila I added more
1 tbsp grated lime zest
2 tbsp lime juice

*Thinly slice 3/4 cup of the strawberries and set aside
*Cut remaining strawberries in half and toss with 2 tbsp sugar.  Place on a baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
*Add pretzels and 1/3 cup sugar in food processor, pulse until fine.  Add butter and mix until crumbly.
*Place in a greased 9 inch pie plate and press down evenly on bottom and sides.
*In the food processor, add strawberries from the freezer, condensed milk, cheese, tequila, lime juice and zest.  Blend until smooth.
*Transfer to a large bowl and add sliced strawberries.
*Pour into pie plate and freeze (uncovered) for 6+ hours
*Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for another 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment