Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gong Show!

Today we had my daughter's 8th birthday party.  8!  I can't believe that she'll be 8 soon, but that is another post entirely.  We had 15 children at the pool and then back to our house for pizza, fruit, veggies and cake pops!  It was an exhausting (but wonderful) day and I can hardly put two words together tonight.  I had plans to write a very good FAQ post but now I think I can save that for another night.  I took a photo of our meal from last night so I'm going to share that very simple recipe with you.  My husband found a similar recipe many years ago and has never been able to find it again so here is our version ;)  It's an easy way to use up leftover rice on a lazy day.



Chickpeas and Rice

 1 chopped onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp grated ginger
3 cups cooked brown rice
3 cups cooked chickpeas
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup vegetable broth
salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

*Saute onion, garlic, and ginger in olive oil until soft
*Add rice, chickpeas, cumin, cayenne pepper, broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil
*Lower heat and simmer until liquid is reduced
*Add parsley and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often

No comments:

Post a Comment