Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On why I try to always make supper in the morning.

Wednesday is my lazy day, it isn't that I don't do anything, it's just that I don't have to be anywhere.  My husband has the van that day and he does the school pick-up so if I want to, I can just stay home all day.  It's one of my favourite days of the week!  That being said, even though I don't have to be anywhere I still try and make our burgers in the morning.  You never know what is going to happen in the afternoon and today is the perfect example of that.  At about 1 my sister-in-law called and asked if I could watch two of my nephews (5 and 1) while she took her 3 year old to the doctor.  No problem!  But there was no way I could have made anything with 5 children, 5 and under, in the house.  We had a great time playing and I was so happy to not have to worry about supper. 

Today we had these vegetable burgers that my sister made for me last year.  I had just had a baby and she left me at least 25 of them in the freezer (I had asked her to make a million but she didn't listen!).  I ate them for lunch, suppers, and snacks until they were gone... I couldn't get enough!  Along with the burgers we had quinoa cooked with garlic and parsley (so quick and easy!) and some green, red, and yellow peppers.


Dana's Vegetable Burgers

5 potatoes, cooked and mashed
1 shredded zucchini
3 shredded carrots
2 shredded red pepper
1 chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 can mixed beans, mashed
2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp curry paste
1 tsp parsley
1 cup rolled oats

*After shredding zucchini, carrots, and red pepper make sure to squeeze out excess liquid
*Mix together all ingredients and form into patties.
*Fry patties in a little olive oil for 5-6 minutes per side
*Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment