Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The kids like tofu :)

Toe-fooooo, toe-foooo!  My kids really love tofu. So much that they chant for it when I ask for menu suggestions!  This time they thought I should make a burger out of tofu and have tofu fries?  A little too much if you ask me ;)  I have never tried to make tofu burgers before but I figured it shouldn't be too hard, and it wasn't!  They could have used a little more spice but they were still very good.  I served them with a sweet and savoury kale and a bell pepper salad.



Tofu Burgers

 2 packages of soft tofu
3/4 cup sunflower seeds, crushed
1 chopped onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup old fashioned oats
3 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper
hot sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

*In a food processor, pulse together tofu, seeds, onion and garlic
*Pour into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients, mix well.
*Form into patties and cook in a skillet (with olive oil) for 4-5 minutes per side.
*Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment