Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pizza on a Thursday :)

Tomorrow is my first baby's 8th birthday!  8!  We are having her grandparents over for a bbq and cake so I thought we would have pizza today instead.  While looking through my old blog posts and I realized that I've never actually posted my pizza recipe so here it is. We just had a cheese pizza with some raw vegetables.  Simple and delicious!


Pizza Dough

2 cups warm water
4 1/2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp honey
4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp salt
olive oil

*Mix together water, yeast and honey.  Set aside for 10 minutes.
*In a large bowl combine flour and salt, mix in yeast mixture.
*Knead for 6-7 minutes and cover in oil.
*Cover and let rise for 45-60 minutes.

Pizza Sauce

 1 can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups water 
1/3 cup olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
3/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thyme

*Whisk together paste, water and oil.
*Add in remaining ingredients and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment