Thursday, April 21, 2011

Recent Repeat with Coleslaw and Curried Butter :)

I know we just had tacos last week but they were such a hit that I figured while my husband was away we'd have them again.  Fun food for a fun day!  I doubled the recipe and we still only have enough for maybe 2 more, sorry husband - you missed them again.  Today I served the tacos with a mexican style coleslaw and corn on the cob with curried butter, these were the perfect side dishes!  My son especially liked the coleslaw and literally licked his plate clean.



Mexican style Coleslaw

1 small head shredded cabbage
3 shredded carrots
1 finely minced jalapeno
1 clove minced garlic
3/4 cup mayo
juice and zest from 1 lime
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cilantro

*In a large bowl, combine carots, cabbage and jalapeno
*In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over vegetables.
*Toss well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Curried Butter

4 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
juice from 1/2 small lime
1/4 tsp cilantro
1 clove minced garlic

*In a food processor, pulse together ingredients.

1 comment: