Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kabobs and more kabobs!

Despite the fact that it is snowing outside, I am continuing on with my spring themed meals.  It is okay to pretend it's not snowing outside because it REALLY IS spring.  Tonight we had tofu kabobs in a marinade that I really just threw together last minute this morning.  I thought about searching around for a new recipe but decided to go with my tried and true non-recipe recipe.  We had the kabobs with some rice and a simple green salad, and for dessert... fruit kabobs!  The ones I am posting a picture of are mine, the kids made their own so there was a lot of grape-grape-grape and watermelon-watermelon-watermelon versions ;)  I am going to continue ignoring the snow and am planning on taking the kids on a hike/picnic tomorrow for our last day of spring break.  Think of me tomorrow and pray I'm not knee-deep in slush with a baby on my back!!



Tofu Kabobs
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1 inch grated ginger
1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 tbsp honey
small squeeze of lemon
pepper
1 block tofu
1 chopped red pepper
1 chopped green pepper
cherry tomatoes
1/2 chopped zucchini

*Combine all ingredients and pour over cubed (pressed and dry-fried) tofu
*Keep in a covered container all day in the fridge
*After placing all tofu and veggies on a kabob-stick, brush remaining marinade over the veggies
*BBQ on medium-low, turning often.


No comments:

Post a Comment