Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another theme night?

Looking back on the last few weeks menus, I'm noticing a new theme day.  Burger Wednesdays!  Tonight we had a quinoa and spinach burger from the same cookbook as the mixed bean and black bean burger that I've posted about.  They don't stick together as well as the bean burgers but they are equally delicious.  I served them with homemade french fries and steamed broccoli with a cheese sauce.  They were so good that I had 3, no joke, I really did eat 3 burgers!  This recipe is not exactly as seen in the book.  I've made a few modifications that worked well for us.


Baked Quinoa Burgers

2 cups quinoa
10 oz chopped spinach
1 large minced shallot
4 cloves minced garlic
2 beaten eggs
6 tbsp flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
red pepper flakes to taste

*Rinse and cook quinoa according to package instructions
*Saute garlic, and shallots in olive oil.  Add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
*In large bowl quinoa, spinach mixture and remaining ingredients
*Shape into 12 patties and baked for 25-30 minutes, flipping half way through

No comments:

Post a Comment