Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blueberry Stuffed French Toast

A few weeks ago my friend Noel posted a link to this website.  I must have spent an hour reading different things on it.  Near the end I found this stuffed blueberry french toast that I was sure the kids would love.  And I was right, I think my husband had 3 servings.  I made a few small modifications to the recipe, and served it with a fruit salad and yam/potato shredded hash browns. 

Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
1 loaf of french bread
6 large beaten eggs
  1 pkg. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 - 2 cups fresh blueberries

*Rip the bread into 1" chunks, cut cream cheese into small chunks
*Spread half the bread in a 9x13 inch casserole dish
*Place half the cream cheese and half the blueberries on top.  Repeat with remaining bread, cheese, and blueberries
*Melt butter and let cool before mixing with milk and syrup.  Pour over bread mixture.
*Bake at 350 for 1 hour


I know that this is not technically food related, but today we got a new dining room table!  It has 3 extra leaves that make it extend to 11' long.  I cannot wait to have guests over and not have them eating on the couch!!  The best part?  We got it for $250 brand new from the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store

1 comment: