Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Burger Wednesday: Fava Bean Burgers

I think I've only ever used fava beans in a mixed bean salad or in chili so when I noticed this recipe in (SURPRISE, I found it!) Veggie Burgers Every Which Way I just had to try it out.  I'm so glad I did because they were delicious.  I know I've said it many many times before but these really are my new favourite burgers.  I served them with a quinoa salad and some raw broccoli, I only wish I could have served some dessert but I'm in the middle of a sugar detoxing that just may kill me.  I only changed a few things from the original recipe so here is my version...



Fava Bean Burger

 2 chopped onions
4 cloves minced garlic
1 cup crushed walnuts
3 cups fava beans
 2 cups chickpeas
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup ground flax in 1/4 cup water
salt and pepper
3 cups toasted bread crumbs

*Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent
*In a food processor, pulse together walnuts, fava beans, and chickpeas
*Transfer to a large bowl and mix together with onion mixture and remaining ingredients
*Let sit for 10 minutes and form into 11-12 patties
*Cook in a well oiled skillet for approximately 10 minutes, flipping once
*Bake at 375 for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment