Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Burger Wednesday: Spicy Kidney Bean Burgers!

I would be lying if I told you that this early morning shift isn't hard to get used to because it really is.  The work itself? No big deal... but going strong all day because my children refuse to nap?  THAT is the hard part.  I'm a little off topic from food but I'm going somewhere, I promise.  This meal was super easy to put together and very low prep, perfect for days like today where it's raining and chilly and you can't keep your eyes open.  I have a feeling that we'll be eating like this a lot while I get used to waking up early for work!  We had spicy kidney bean burgers, rice and roasted vegetables.  The burgers were a little bit too spicy for the kids but I thought they were delicious and they managed to finish them anyway.  I originally found the recipe here but have made some adjustments because I can't seem to follow a recipe, haha!

 
Spicy Kidney Bean Burgers

3 cups cooked kidney beans
1 chopped onion
4 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp green chili paste
2 tsp hot sauce
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
3/4 cup rolled oats
juice from 1 lime
1/2 cup crushed almonds
salt and pepper

*In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients but oats, lime and almonds
*Transfer to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients
*Cook in an oiled skillet for 5-6 minutes per side

No comments:

Post a Comment