Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What to do with a can of leftover artichoke hearts...

I hosted my sister's bachelorette party this weekend and I was left with a lot of leftover snacks as well as some ingredients that just never got used.  I make a mean spinach and artichoke dip and had originally planned on doubling the recipe but never got around to it.  That left me with a can of artichoke hearts  that I just couldn't let go to waste!  I ended up finding a couple of recipes for artichoke pasta sauce and figured that I could fine tune my own crockpot recipe in no time.  This was what we ended up with, we all liked it but my oldest and youngest daughters LOVED it.  I served the sauce on some bowtie pasta with chickpea nuggets and a green salad!


Tomato Artichoke Pasta

Olive Oil
1 chopped onion
5 cloves minced garlic
2-28 oz cans of diced tomatoes, one can drained of juice
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp brown sugar
2-14 oz cans of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup vegetable stock
red pepper flakes

*Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft
*Transfer to slow cooker and add tomatoes (along with juice from only one can), and remaining ingredients
*Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment