Monday, May 2, 2011

Yet another Monday.

When you wake up Monday morning thinking that it's Friday you know it's going to be a long week.  The day just dragged on from there and by dinner time, I was done!  I was so thankful that I had planned this low-prep meal; even with the chickpea nuggets I think the whole thing took less than 1/2 hour.   We literally ate every last drop of the entire meal though, and were fighting over the remaining nuggets.  I keep saying that I'm going to have to start doubling the recipes but now I think I really have no choice now!  Can you imagine when the kids are teenagers?  Tonight we had a simple cream cheese pasta dish, with chickpea nuggets and a spinach salad.  Our favourite 2 year old did not enjoy this meal but next week we are having Boon Burger... so maybe then?  Cross your fingers!



Cream Cheese Pasta

1 box spaghetti prepared according to package instructions
1 tbsp butter
1 finely chopped onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 chopped red pepper
1-1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup plain cream cheese
1 cup milk
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
salt and pepper

*Saute onion and garlic in butter until softened.  Add red pepper and broccoli and cook until tender.
*Break cream cheese into chunks and add with remaining ingredients.
*Stir frequently for 5 minutes until everything is well blended.
*Serve over pasta <3

No comments:

Post a Comment