Saturday, May 14, 2011

Best Day, Ever.

Today was the best day, ever.  We went on a hike, had a wiener roast, played in the yard (and the neighbour's yard), I went to hot yoga, and it ended with an impromptu family bbq.  Needless to say, I don't have a supper post to share!  BUT, I did make something from Simple Suppers that I never got around to posting on Thursday.  We had a warm lentil salad with french bread and it was delicious




Warm Lentil Salad

1 cup (french) lentils I never found french and this salad was still great
1/2 tsp salt
1 medium head of escarole
1 fennel bulb
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of minced garlic
2 tsp ground fennel seed
 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup chopped walnuts I forgot to add these, oops!

*Cook lentils according to package instructions
*Rinse, drain and chop the escarole.  Thinly slice fennel bulb.
*In a large skillet, saute garlic, ground fennel and thyme for 2 minutes.  
*Add fresh fennel and salt and cook for 2 more minutes.
*Add escarole and stir and cook for a few minutes.
*Remove from heat and drain of liquid.
*Stir in lentils and tomatoes (and walnuts-oops) and serve at room temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment