Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Curried Bean Burgers

bWe seem to be eating a lot of veggie burgers lately, just can't get enough!  I was flipping through some magazines on the weekend and saw a recipe of curried pork burgers, it sounded gross BUT I thought curried bean burgers sounded DELICIOUS.  So I spent the afternoon perfecting a recipe for the couple of cans of black beans I had in my pantry.  We had a few of the quinoa rolls left from the other day so I served the burgers on those, along with a toasted quinoa salad and some roasted caulifower.





 Curried Black Bean Burgers

2 cans of black beans
1 chopped onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 inch grated ginger
1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
3 tbsp curry paste
2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
handful chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs

*Place beans in food processor and quickly pulse a few times
*Saute onion, garlic, ginger and jalepeno until softened
*Mix beans, onion mixtre and the remaining ingredients until well combined, let rest for a few minutes
*Fry in olive oil for 5 minutes per side and place on baking sheet
*Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment