Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

I wrote in my facebook status a few weeks ago about my new black bean burger recipe.  I must have gotten asked for the recipe at least 10 times!  Honestly, these are the easiest, most delicious veggie burgers I have ever made.  The best part is that you can use it with any kind of bean.  So far I have only tried "mixed beans" and black beans.

I got the recipe from this cookbook that I got for Christmas  this year.  I can't even imagine how much it will get used this summer once we can finally bbq again!  I served it with a simple salad and some yam fries (with a touch of cumin...ha!)



Black Bean Burgers
3 cups of black beans
4 eggs, beaten
4 tsp dijon mustard
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
salt and pepper
juice from half a lemon
olive oil

*Preheat the oven to 375
*In a mixing bowl, mash the beans.  Fold in the rest of the ingredients (minus the oil) and let sit for 5-10 minutes for the crumbs to soak up some of the moisture.  This step is very important!
*Form into 8 patties and cook in a frying pan (in the oil) for 6-10 minutes, flipping once.
*Transfer to a pan and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes

I hope you are all enjoying reading this blog as much as I am enjoying writing in it.  For now though, I am going to enjoy a quiet house as my husband has taken all 4 children out.  *Bliss*

2 comments:

  1. These look delish. Not sure what I would do with 8 of them though! I could freeze them maybe?
    Also, I'm so proud of my creative friend!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/2 the recipe! But you could freeze them for sure. Maybe before you bake but after you fry them?

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete