Monday, August 22, 2011

Garden Burgers

I know what you are thinking, burgers on a Monday?  Ha.  I am working a couple of evenings this week so I have tried to pick meals that I can either make ahead of time or that are fairly simple for the husband to pull together.  I saw some frozen garden burgers last time I went shopping and figured I could probably put together something like that so this was my best shot.  I felt they could have used a little more spice (dh brought me supper at work <3) but the kids LOVED them, even the baby!  We had sweet potato fries and corn on the cob on the side and DH actually remember to take a picture.  I hope to make it through the week (split shifts are not for me!) and be able to still share our meals with you :)


Garden Burgers
 
 1 onion, caramelized
2 cloves minced garlic
1 medium zucchini, grated (
2 carrots, grated
1 cup mushrooms, minced
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup TVP + 2/3 cup hot water (let sit for 10 minutes)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tsp italian seasoning
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp ground flax seed + 2 tbsp water (let sit for 5 minutes)
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs

*After onions are caramelized, add carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
*In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and let sit for another 10 minutes.
*Form into patties and cook for 5-8 minutes per side in a frying pan, and then bake at 375 for another 15-20 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. These sound simply delicious Jill. Who doesn't love garden burgers? I love the combination of ingredients that this recipe is using. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete