Friday, July 1, 2011

Repeats and a Blueberry Tart Dessert.

Happy Canada Day!  We spent the day as a family not. doing. anything.  Maybe I should be more specific... we didn't have any plans to go anywhere, or do anything.  We did clean out the garage and do some housework.  We played (and played and played and played...), but we didn't have to do anything.  And that is very strange for our family.  We ended up inviting my parents and brother over for supper, we had lentil burgers, corn on the cob, and a green salad with a delicious balsamic vinaigrette (wondering if I've shared the recipe before?).  I saw this recipe a few days ago and figured today was the perfect day to try it.  It went over very very well.  There wasn't a cumb left!  I made a few minor changes to the recipe, so here is my take on it!



Blueberry Tart 

 
Crust:
3/4 cup toasted walnuts
3/4 graham crackers
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp oil
pinch of salt
filling:
1 cup softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup real maple syrup + 2 tbsp more
juice from 1/2 lemon
2 cups blueberries

*In a food processor, pulse together graham cracker and walnuts until it resembles a fine crumb.
*Transfer to a large bowl and add butter, oil, and salt.  Mix well.
*Press into bottom of a tart pan (or pie pan) and up the sides at least 1/2 inch.
*Bake at 325 for 13-14 minutes.  Allow to cool.
*In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup maple syrup and lemon juice.
*Pour into crust and top with blueberries.
*Drizzle remaining 2 tbsp syrup on top of berries and transfer to freezer for at least 1 hour


I don't often post pictures of my children on this blog but I had to share this one.  I think he enjoyed his dessert, don't you?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment