Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lots of Garlic Pesto Sauce...

I know, I know.. where have I been?  I am so behind on blogging but I do plan on catching up.  I have so many delicious recipes to share!  I put this recipe on my menu a few weeks ago but it kept getting pushed back and replaced because I wasn't really that into making it.  What a mistake!  I made it today right before hot yoga and it was all I could think of during my class.  I kept wondering if the kids had eaten it all and if there was any left for me.  It smelled and looked so delicious and it tasted even better!  I served it with a pepper salad... I had to use them up ;)  Hope you are all enjoying your summer.. we have been busy but only with fun stuff :)


Pesto Sauce
8 cloves of minced garlic
100 g of fresh basil
1 cup roasted pine nuts
1 1/2-2 cups freshly grated parmesan
1 tsp italian seasoning
salt and pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

*In a food processor, pulse together garlic, basil, pine nuts, parmesan and seasonings.  Be careful not to over process.
*Pour olive oil in slowly while mixing.
*Mix together with cooked pasta and top with parmesan cheese

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I've been putting pesto on my menus and then putting it off, too. Yet, I looooove pesto. What is it about making pesto??

    ReplyDelete