Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I heart summer!

I have spent almost no time inside my house this week.  Well, that isn't entirely true... I have spent almost no awake time in my house this week.  The kids and I have been to the beach, the wading pool, the park, camp, the backyard... It's been a really good time.  Meal times though have consisted mainly of picnics, leftovers and very quick and easy meals.  Today was only slightly different in that we had a southwestern rice casserole from last week that I never posted the recipe for and some chickpea burgers that I literally threw together.  It was nice to have a heartier meal :)


Southwestern Rice Casserole

1 chopped onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 chopped red pepper
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup milk
4 cups cooked (brown) rice
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
1 cup salsa
2 cups shredded tex mex cheese mix

*Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft, add pepper and cook 5 more minutes
*In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
*Transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment