Monday, September 5, 2011

Lunch Edition: Tofu Salad Wraps

I survived the longest 2 weeks ever but just barely.  I have  few meals to catch up on but honestly by the end we were living on whatever my husband could pull together.  Many (many) repeats and I think we even ordered pizza once!  Today's lunch was made by my darling oldest daughter (she is 8!) who loves to help out around the kitchen.  She found a similar recipe in one of my library cookbooks that I reaalllly don't want to return and quickly exclaimed that she was going to "make it her own".... These were supposed to be sandwiches but we are out of bread so they became wraps served with leftover rice and some cucumber.  Tonight we are off to celebrate the last day of our real summer vacation with bike riding and a wiener roast at a local provincial park.  Happy Labour Day, everyone!



Tofu Salad Sandwiches

 1 package of extra firm tofu, crumbled
 3-4 tbsp of mayo
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 stalks chopped celery
1 grated carrot
handful of chopped dill
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp turmeric
salt and pepper

*Mash together tofu, mayo, and dijon mustard
*Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
*Chill for 1/2 hour and then place in whole wheat wrap with lettuce and serve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment